“No one in the world has an urgent problem that will get solved by investing in some random guy's venture capital fund.” – Alex Rubalcava
Alex Rubalcava (@AlexRubalcava) is Partner of Stage Venture Partners, a pre-Seed and Seed stage venture capital firm that invests in emerging software technology for business-to-business markets. He began his VC career as an analyst at Anthem Venture Partners in 2002, and he as served on the boards of numerous Stage VP companies, including Balto, NotiSphere, SoundCommerce, WhiteFox, SPIDR Tech, Abett, Gray Matter Robotics, and Dyania Health.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
Topics discussed with Alex Rubalcava
- 00:01:53 – Alex’s superpowers in investing
- 00:03:07 – Advice for founders
- 00:05:03 – Learning from Berkshire Hathaway and investment books
- 00:09:17 – The massive energy transition underway
- 00:14:24 – Advice for new investors
- 00:16:54 – Planning and long term success
Alex Rubalcava Resources
Books Recommended by Alex Rubalcava
- The Gorilla Game, Revised Edition: Picking Winners in High Technology by Geoffrey A. Moore and Paul Johnson