“I always believe the hierarchy of anyone, any individual should be health, then family, then work. Why not family before health? Because if you're not healthy, you become a burden to your family and you can't help them. So, your health is actually very, very important.” – Gokul Rajaram
Gokul Rajaram (@gokulr) is an angel investor and Product and Business Helper at DoorDash. He started his career as a Technical Lead at Juno, and has since led product development at Google, Facebook, and Square. He is an investor and advisor in many companies, and is an active member of several Boards, including Coinbase, Pinterest, and The Trade Desk.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
Topics discussed with Gokul Rajaram
- 00:01:21 – The evolution of crypto
- 00:02:44 – Superpowers and struggles
- 00:06:08 – Inspirations and the importance of exercise
- 00:08:24 – Recommended books
- 00:10:19 – Tools and routines
- 00:12:26 – Defining success
- 00:14:32 – International investing
Gokul Rajaram Resources
Books Recommended in This Episode
- The Courage to Be Disliked: How to Free Yourself, Change Your Life, and Achieve Real Happiness by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
- Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi