“Love your customer and the problem you're solving. Not everyone's going to work on their passion, but you need to be excited about the problem you're solving day in and day out, or you just won't be able to stick with it.” – Robbie Bent
Robbie Bent (@robbiebent1) is CEO and Co-Founder of Othership, a platform for breathwork, connection, and mental wellness. He previously worked in ecosystem development for Ethereum and was CEO/Co-Founder of INVI Energy. The first company he co-founded was Roamly, a virtual SIM Card marketplace.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
To listen to Robbie's quick interview on habits, routines, and inspirations, click here.
Check out this free morning breathwork exercise with Robbie Bent!
- Robbie's background in investment banking and entrepreneurship
- Advice for high achievers
- Learnings from Robbie's first business, Roamly
- The importance of loving your customer and the problem you're solving
- Understanding the problem before building the solution
- On meditation and dark retreats
- The creation and scaling of Othership's physical space
- The Othership app
- Comparison is a killer
- Finding meaning in life
- Othership | Instagram | Othership IRL
- Tim Ferris
- Y Combinator
- The Lean Startup
- On Deck
- Steve Blank
- Sam Corcos
- Vipassana Meditation
- Tony Robbins
- Dark retreat
- The Aubrey Marcus Podcast
- Quantum entanglement
- Rhonda Patrick
- Huberman Lab
- Wim Hof
- James Nestor
- Chris Dixon
- Andreessen Horowitz
- Sam Harris
Books Recommended in This Episode
- Running Lean: Iterate from Plan A to a Plan That Works by Ash Maurya
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
More About This Topic
Check out this quick overview of breathing techniques from the University of Michigan.
Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
This book is a fascinating exploration of the breath and how changing it can affect our performance, health, and peace of mind.
The author of Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art has put together a list of videos with varying breathing techniques to get you started.
Dive deep into how sauna bathing may be linked to several health benefits with this thorough review of evidence to date from the Mayo Clinic.
Listen to our interview with voice coach Jessica Hansen, as she explains breathing techniques and how being mindful of breath can affect our confidence and speaking skills.