“For anyone out there starting a company, just start with one pain point and build something for that. And then start layering on everything else.” – Dana Dunford
Dana Dunford (@dana110001) is CEO and Cofounder of Hemlane, an online property management platform. She started her career in finance with Symantec and Apple before working in business development at Nest. Her work with Nest built up her interest in the real estate industry, and she received an angel investment directly out of business school to start Hemlane.
To listen to Dana’s quick interview on habits, routines, and inspirations, click here.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
- Dana's background and path to Hemlane
- Problems in the property management industry
- The current technology space in real estate and property management
- Hemlane's customer journey
- Serving customers and alleviating their pain points
- The work that led to founding Hemlane
- The co-founder dynamic
- Advice for founders
- The trap of comparing yourself to other companies
- Connect with Dana Dunford: Twitter | Instagram | Hemlane
- Frank Liu
Learn More About This Topic
Hemlane provides timely posts on everything from closing on distressed properties to methods for rent collection.
Check out our interview with Ryan Boykin for a look at commercial real estate and entrepreneurship.
This list of the top 7 apps for real estate gives a good view into the current world of real estate tech, which is mostly focused on buyers and sellers.
Head to this site for resources, courses, tools, articles, and more, all about real estate management.
This article gives a great overview of the pros and cons of bootstrapping a company, along with profiles on multiple companies who have done so successfully.