“Anyone who thinks they're perfect is actually hiding a very deep sense of insecurity.” – Edward Sullivan
Velocity Coaching works with hyper-growth companies, helping founders who have found product-market fit scale their businesses 10-100x. Their clients include DoorDash, MasterClass, Airtable, Google, and Apple, and they’ve worked with some of the biggest names in tech, including Tony Hseih of Zappos. Edward Sullivan has coached and advised start-up founders, Fortune 500 executives, and political leaders for over 20 years. At Velocity Coaching, Edward Sullivan serves as the CEO and Managing Partner for a team of over 25 coaches located around the world.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
Topics discussed with Edward Sullivan
- 00:01:18 – Edward’s latest deep dive into surfing
- 00:02:26 – Superpowers and struggles
- 00:04:41 – Habits, routines, diet, and exercise
- 00:07:53 – Recommended books
- 00:10:02 – On failure and success
Books Recommended by Edward Sullivan
- Leading with Heart: 5 Conversations That Unlock Creativity, Purpose, and Results by John Baird and Edward Sullivan
- The Courage to Be Disliked: The Japanese Phenomenon That Shows You How to Change Your Life and Achieve Real Happiness by Ichiro Kishimi
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Does It Matter?: Essays on Man s Relation to Materiality by Alan Watts