“As the world is changing faster and faster, one of the things we need as any professional to get better at is to improve the speed at which you are able to learn about new things, because the world ain't changing any slower.” – Mercedes Bent
Mercedes Bent is a Partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners, where she invests in early-stage businesses, including forage, Stori, Flink, and Outschool. She was previously Vice President at Upload, a news and education provider in the VR space, General Manager and Product Manager at General Assembly, and a Financial Analyst at Goldman Sachs. She has degrees from Harvard and Stanford GSB, and served on the Board of Birthright AFRICA.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
- Mercedes’ path to VC
- Pop culture
- Managing through uncertainty, being knowable, and networking
- Shortening the learning cycle and cultivating happiness
- Learnings from two Masters’ degrees
- Habits, routines, and inspiration
- On success, failure, and gratitude