“You need to understand if you're climbing the right mountain to begin with and understand who you're optimizing to become.” – Marc Champagne
Marc Champagne (@marcchampagne) is author of Personal Socrates: Questions That Will Upgrade Your Life from Legends & World-Class Performers. A self-proclaimed Mental Fitness Strategist, Marc is a speaker and corporate trainer and hosts the top 50 podcast, Behind the Human. Marc previously co-founded the journaling app (KYO) which reached 86.9 million people.
To listen to Marc’s bonus interview and learn more about his favorite books and tools, click here.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
Chapters in Part 1 of this interview:
- Marc's background and path to Personal Socrates
- Mental fitness
- Marc's morning reflection routine
- Marc's podcast, Behind the Human
- The Socratic Method
- On books and reading
- Profiles and questions in Personal Socrates
- The writing process
Links from Part 1
- Connect with Marc Champagne: Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Website
- Personal Socrates: Questions That Will Upgrade Your Life from Legends & World-Class Performers
- Wim Hof breathwork
- Behind the Human podcast
- James Clear
- Kobe Bryant
- Mel Robbins
- Maya Angelou
- Socratic method
- Joey Cofone
- Baron Fig
- Robin Williams
- Mikael Cho
- Chip Conley
- Coco Chanel
- Cal Fussman
- Behind the Human
Learn More About This Topic
Marc’s book is full of thought-provoking questions and profiles of some amazing figures who embody those questions. A few of our favorites that you can start thinking about now:
- How can I be the most curious person in the room?
- What world do I want to create?
- Who am I optimizing to become?
- What discomfort am I running from?
- What if it were possible?