“I don't think it's necessary to just get all the data all up front, no matter what. It's important to know exactly what questions that data's going to help answer.” – Mike Sall
Mike Sall (@sall) is Co-Founder of Goldfinch, a decentralized credit platform for crypto loans without collateral. Mike previously co-founded Unbox Research, was Head of Data Science at Medium, and served as Product Manager at Adobe.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
- How Goldfinch is helping entrepreneurs
- Mike's background and interest in data science
- Mike's experience at Coinbase
- The origins of Goldfinch
- Why raising capital in emerging markets is so difficult
- Assessing comfort levels with borrowing in crypto
- Mike's previous businesses and learnings
- The Goldfinch Flight Academy
- On crypto regulations and compliance
- Connect with Mike Sall: LinkedIn | Twitter | Goldfinch
- Google Analytics
- Evan Williams
- Blake West
- Goldfinch Whitepaper
- a16z (Andreessen Horowitz)
- Goldfinch Flight Academy
Books Mentioned in This Episode
- Principles by Ray Dalio
Learn More About This Topic
Global Edge provides key economic stats for countries with emerging markets.
This playlist is a great way to start learning more about emerging markets, from commodities exchange in Ethiopia to the trend of African growth.
Goldfinch prepared a thorough overview of the protocol, borrowers, backers, auditors, liquidity providers, and leverage model.
This selection of TED Talks covers everything from how cryptocurrency can help startups get investment capital to the future of branded currency.
Investopedia offers this list of books to get you started on learning more about cryptocurrency.