“When you're investing and you have a position that you think you have conviction in, where you think it's very high odds that you're right, take a big swing at it.” – Joey Krug
Joey Krug (@joeykrug) is Co-CIO at Pantera Capital, a crypto-focused asset management firm. He is Cofounder of Augur, a global betting platform, and Cofounder of Eco, a personal finance app utilizing USDC. Joey is also an advisor at 0x and Numerai.
To listen to Joey's quick interview on habits, routines, and inspirations, click here.
For more, explore the transcript of this episode.
- Joey's daily work at Pantera, Augur, and Eco
- Joey's start in mining Bitcoin
- Joining Pantera and investing
- Lessons learned as an investor in volatile markets
- Pantera's active trading and early stage venture bets
- Perspectives on risk
- On scaling Ethereum
- DeFi and the future of prediction markets
- A peek into Eco
- Branding in crypto
- Technical analysis in trading
- Connect with Joey Krug: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Uber visionary’s crypto app raises $26 million after fintech pivot – Fortune
- Pantera Capital
- Dan Morehead
- Tiger Global
- Paul Veradittakit
- 0x Labs
- USDC (USD Coin)
- Terra LUNA
- The Oracle Problem
- Risk Harbor
- Vitalik Buterin
- A Crypto Thesis
- Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
- Ethereum Whitepaper
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
- Non-fungible Token (NFT)
- Decentralized Exchange (DEX)
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Desk
- Quantitative Trading ("Quant")
- Layer 1 Crypto
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- Solidity Engineer
- Technical Analysis (TA)
Learn More About This Topic
This selection of TED Talks covers everything from how cryptocurrency can help startups get investment capital to the future of branded currency.
Investopedia offers this list of books to get you started on learning more about cryptocurrency.
The Verge has put together an excellent intro to blockchain technology, how it works, and how it affects our economy and climate.
To dive deeper into the inner workings of Bitcoin and Ethereum, take some time to read through these well-written whitepapers.
Once you’re familiar with the Bitcoin Whitepaper and the Ethereum Whitepaper, read Joey’s in-depth take on crypto and why you should invest in it.